Some of these aren’t so quirky anymore, but I like the title.
- Professors and people of higher stations prefer to be called by their first names more than more formal titles of respect.
- Student organizations/unions aren’t always school specific.
- People often travel alone.
- The public bathroom at the McDonald’s had a small room with a sink and a door to another small room which had a toilet in it (I seem to always notice the bathroom differences).
- Police don’t carry firearms unless the area is in a state of alert.
Some of these things I’ve been noticing were also brought up in a “How to Be a Norwegian” presentation!